June 10, 2015

UK Business Secretary Slams BSemites

Assuming his new post as secretary of the Business Ministry in the UK, Sajid Javid took time to put BSemites in their place. See this JPost report:
Newly appointed business secretary Sajid Javid condemned Britain’s National Union of Students on Monday for supporting a boycott of Israel, declaring bluntly that the group’s recent move to join the BDS movement was not only an isolated view, but one that the government and most of the country did not share. 
Addressing UK Israel Business – the bilateral chamber of commerce between the two nations – at its annual awards dinner, Javid added that the student union’s rejection of a motion calling for a boycott of Islamic State last year “spoke volumes.” 
To prolonged applause, he added, “Today I talk of the idea that underpins the entire political philosophy that I hold – that of free enterprise. It simply does not make sense to say, ‘I believe in the free market,’ so let me be very clear: I do not believe in boycotts, nor, I am proud to say, does my party, my prime minister or, for the most, part my country.”

Javid continued to talk also about the commercial ties between Israel and the UK, leaving no doubt as to their robustness:
“My department... will be working hard to boost Anglo-Israeli trade and investment, and I as business secretary will do anything I can to support and promote it,” he said. 
Earlier, he had described the most recent period of trading between the two countries as a “golden era,” adding that what really excited him “are the possibilities for the years that lie ahead.”
So - as usual - Israeli economic ties are much stronger than whiny BSemites. Go Sajid!